The Stamps I Use

Sunday, December 9, 2012

SCRS Challenge 94 - Snow!

Hi folks,

well, the Christmas card crush is on for me now. I REALLY have to get the cards finished for my nieces and nephews before the end of this week as I have to get them in the mail (express post - AGAIN!) to get them to them in time for Christmas. So, you're going to see a "few" Christmas cards posted over the week or so as long as I can find the time to work on them.

This Christmas I am finally getting around to inking up LAST Christmas' stamps from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps (I know....it takes me a while to work my way through all my stamps). For my second eldest niece, I though this Snow Angel Ruby would make a for a fun card. (Don't tell anyone but even at 40+ I STILL make snow angels whenever I find a nice clear patch of snow!)



card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base
  • patterned papers: Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly (wow now that's what I call digging in to your stash - this paper is date stamped as a 2009 release. Yes, it takes me a while to work my way through all my paper as well).
  • stamped image: Snow Angel Ruby from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E21, E23, E25, E27, E29, RV11, RV32, RV42, B000, B0000, W00)
  • sentiment: Verve "Merry & Bright"
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles, Create a Flake #1
  • gems from my stash
  • layout: Sketch Saturday #237
additional challenges for this card:
Thanks for stopping by at this busy time of year! Hope all of your Christmas preparations are going better than mine! 

6 comments:

~ginny said...

Welcome to the "Snow" Challenge - you have a cute image and interesting layout. I really like the die cut snowflakes that pick up the color from your DP! Hope to see you next week at Craft Your Passion!
~ginny, CYP DT
RubberMAD (personal blog)
http://ggetty.blogspot.com/

Jessi Fogan said...

Hey, snow angels are fun to make :) I so love this card - and that fabulous paper! What a sweet image :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Shopping our Stash this week!

Rica said...

A fabulous card, I love your colour scheme, your image is adorable and gorgeous snowflakes!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

lauren bergold said...

what a totally fun and totally ♥FAB♥ holiday card! thanks for sharing it with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH! ♥

cheiron said...

Great color combo! Wonderful snowflake card! Love the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with the Snowflake Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

RiNNE said...

What an amazing card...love the colors and papers. You colored her so well!