The Stamps I Use

Friday, April 4, 2014

Sister Act Card Challenge #51

Hi folks!

It's Friday so that means it is time for me to share my latest creation for our weekly "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Sister Act Card Challenge!

As you probably know by now, the rules for joining in our weekly challenge are pretty simple - anything goes as long as it is a new card of your own creation! Just join in the fun by linking up to your blog post featuring your lovely creation and you will be in the running for the prize offered by this week's sponsor - Stitchy Bear Stamps ! I can't wait to check our your fabulous creations!

The DT were given a lovely opportunity to work with images from Stitchy Bear and I decided to use this adorable Boo Boo Bear to make a get well card.



What do you think of the bear's fur? I used a technique I learned from my friend Tanya at a class she taught some time ago. I coloured the fur with a combo of brown Copics and then put some Colorless blender onto a terry facecloth and then dabbed it onto the image to give that teddy bear texture. I think it came out quite well.

card details:

  • finished size: 5x5 inches, white cardp stock base, CTMH Lagoon mats
  • patterned paper: Amy Tangerine "Yes, Please"
  • digital image: Stitch Bear Stamps "Boo Boo Bear", coloured with Copic Markers (E21, E23, E25, E27, E93, Y11, Y13, Y15, R81, R83, R85, BG10, BG11, Colorless Blender)
  • sentiment: Verve "Doodled Occasions" (I noticed that I seem to have misplaced one of my FAVOURITE Happy Birthday sentiments in that set. Sigh. I HOPE it is stuck to something in my craft room and hasn't accidentally gone the way of the trash bin. I guess I have a really good reason to tidy up in my craft room now. BIG SIGH!)
  • layout: Mojo Monday 339 (I adapted it from the skinny profile to a square card)
  • Spellbinders Petite Ovals
additional challenges for this card:

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a sweet card. Love the sentiment and what a cute bear!

Thank you for participating in the OSAAT Challenge this week!

Josephine said...

This is fabulous - the towelling cloth idea gives a lovely result - must try it some time!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Shell B. said...

Beautiful card, sweet image & wonderful design!
Glad you joined us for the Challenge at One Stitch At A Time, hope to see you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ OSAAT DT ~

Margaret said...

Fabulous card. I've seen that technique done, but never tried it. I think it looks fabulous on your card. Love all the bright colors and design. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Good luck. - Maggie DT

Tanya R said...

Stunning! Congrats too you won!