The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Annual Inspirations Blog Hop

Hi folks!

Welcome to our August Blog Hop featuring creations using up our stash with some new products.

We have an amazing group of talented ladies all across Canada and they would sure love to hear from you. So, before you hopping along to the next stop in the hop, be sure to leave a comment about what you loved.

If you've arrived from Dominique's post then you are in the right place. If you would like to start at the beginning of the hop and travel from East to West, you can start here at Michelle's post.

To purchase any of the items you see along the hop today, be sure to get in touch with your local consultant.

The first pages I turn to in each new idea book are those featuring the new paper collections. If you are a regular visitor, then it probably comes as no surprise that my favourite collection in the new idea book is the Basics Fundamentals - I love the new neutral palette collection.

So, today I am sharing a card I created with several of the papers in that collection.



I also used the new White Pearls for my embellishments on the sentiment panel - which by the way is one of the mini stamps in the new idea book. ps. For the layout I used the August Viva La Verve sketch.

In addition to the Basics Fundamentals, my eye was also drawn to the Adventure Fundamentals for this card.


The heart print, blossom and lagoon papers are from the new Adventure Fundamentals collection. The polka dot mat is from an older, textured Adventure Fundamentals.

You might recognize the "Sweet Birthday" stamps and Thin Cuts as well. These make for a quick card make when you need a birthday card "toot sweet"! (sorry, I couldn't help making the pun).

And, of course, some white dots for embellishment.


That's it for me! Your next stop in the hop is Diana - enjoy the rest of the hop!


If you get lost along the way, you can head on over to Michelle's post as she has the full list of hop participants.


Thanks for hopping along with us today. We hope we were able to inspire you to get creative using some of the designs, products, and techniques you saw along the way. We hope you will be able to join us again next month when we will be featuring creations using products from the new Holiday Expressions Idea Book. So mark September 15th on your calendars and hop along with us.




9 comments:

Michelle Stewart said...

I love the Basic Fundamentals too, and I love what your created using the basic line. I also love the cupcake card using the Adventure line. Great work.

Jan said...

Great cards, Sheena! The black and white is so classy and the cupcake card is just a lot of fun!

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh my - I LOVE that top card! With your permission, I would like the scraplift it for a workshop as the design is just gorgeous ❤️ The panels catch your eye immediately and it is so well balanced. Terrific work!

fun2cre8 said...

you made two really lovely cards Sheena, Great job

Arlene Bonsma said...

Love the basic fundamentals, great card. Thanks for sharing where you got the sketch from, another one to check out and challenge ourselves with.

Corinna Murphy said...

The top card is my favourite! I love love those papers and the colours! I love your design as well.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are such darling cards. So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve, Sheena!

Brandy Lees said...

I adore your cards!

Making Memories and Creations said...

Hi Sheena, Your artwork is beautiful. I too am a big fan of the fundamental basics, but i have to say you won my heart with the little cupcake card. gorgeous. Happy Crafty, Linda