well, this weekend I attended the Crop & Create Ottawa Event hosted by Scrapbook & Cards Today. I was quite excited to be attending even though none of my crafty pals were able to join me. I'm absolutely exhausted today so I am keeping this post short. I had 3 hours of sleep Friday night and 2 spurts of 3 hours of sleep each this morning so....yawn.....lucky I had this post sitting in draft mode.
As part of the event, there were several challenges which were pre-posted so we could gather up our supplies, work on them at the crop or finish them ahead of time. It's a nice mix of challenges - for both scrap-bookers and card-makers. I stuck to my strength - card-making. The scrap-booking challenges are definitely good ones but scrap-booking is definitely not my area of expertise.
The Colour Suite challenge is suited to either scrap-bookers OR card-makers. Simply create a project using the following colour palette:
As luck would have it, my dear friend Tanya had gifted me with a collection of papers and embellishments from My Mind's Eye that contains exactly these colours! Sweet!
Here's the card I made:
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, black card stock base
- patterned papers and brads: My Mind's Eye - Follow Your Heart - Be Amazing, edges distressed with CTMH Grey Wool ink
- stamps: Verve "Brighter Days"
- layout: Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #168
- die cut: Verve Ribbon Banner
- Daring Cardmakers: Chevron Crazy (use chevrons, zigzags or herringbone. I used herringbone.)
- Unique Crafters September Challenge: Anything Goes!
I'd love to chat about the fun that was had at Crop & Create but I truly am pooped. I imagine I'll have some stuff to share in the next week once I find time to unpack and photograph the projects I was working on or completed at the event. I took part in three fantastic classes and, you know me, I didn't finish a single thing from those classes. I DID get three of my own cards finished and started colouring several other images which need to be finished up and turned into cards.